I lost my previous laptop, a Lenovo G580 (i5 3rd gen, 4 GB, 500 GB) in a tragic incident last month.
So, for my next machine, I wanted to try something different, viz portability, without having to lose much on power and capacity.
My primary OS is linux and I hardly shutdown my laptop. So I couldn’t compromise on processing power leaving most of the portable netbooks out of the question.
On the day I went to the showrooms, I saw a number of laptops, but fell in love with this one on the first encounter.
Very portable, light-weight, nicely built with spaced keys and a buttonless touchpad. All of this with i3, 4 GB, 500 GB. Considering the screen size of 11.6” only, this was a dream configuration. I couldn’t see any more laptops.
I had to compromise with just two things viz Screen Size and DVD Drive while in return I got extreme portability and ease of use.
It struck me that even if I buy a full sized laptop in near future, a portable i3 could be of great use. So I got it.
Around 20 days later, I can say it was the right decision. I’m hugely satisfied and delighted by its performance and portability.
Here are the specifications :
- Intel i3 3217U (3rd Gen)
- 4 GB DDR3
- 500 GB
- 11.6 inches LCD
- 1 x USB 3.0 + 2 x USB 2.0
Features I like the most :
- Extremely light weight: you can easily hold it with one hand
- Sturdy build: not delicate but quite rigid, even on the LCD.
- Keyboard: spacious keys make typing a delight.
- Thin: the laptop is quite thin specially on the front
- Charger: charger is mac inspired. Similar size and build, just black.
- Indicator LEDs: 5 of them - power, battery, hdd, wi-fi and capslock.
- Sound: you won’t expect such volume and quality initially.
Things I wish were better : * Temperature: just a little more than my last laptop. * Arrow Keys: can’t blame the designers, just wish they were bigger. * Camera: though I never use it, a HD camera will be appreciated. * Power Button: could have been designed and placed better.
I’d highly recommend this laptop to everyone. Specially those like me who use laptops a lot.
After using both a full sized and a small sized laptop, I can see with no doubt that using a laptop this small and light is a delightful experience you’ll cherish.
Thanks for reading! Do comment!